Six-time Sovereign Award-winning jockey Todd Kabel has decided to sit out the rest of the 2008 Canadian racing season due to weight issues.
The Bell Addictive Diseases Chair, started with a $250,000 gift by Jessica Bell in honor of her husband, former Jonabell Farm owner John Bell, has now reached $1.4 million, the University of Kentucky reports.
Jockey Todd Kabel collected his 3,000th lifetime win in Woodbine's second race on Saturday afternoon.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud has entered into an agreement to purchase Lexington's Jonabell Farm. The purchase includes the 790-acre property, which has been at its current location since its founding in 1954. John and Jessica Bell III own the farm, which is managed by their son Jim.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement