Six-time Sovereign Award-winning jockey Todd Kabel has decided to sit out the rest of the 2008 Canadian racing season due to weight issues.
The Bell Addictive Diseases Chair, started with a $250,000 gift by Jessica Bell in honor of her husband, former Jonabell Farm owner John Bell, has now reached $1.4 million, the University of Kentucky reports.
Jockey Todd Kabel collected his 3,000th lifetime win in Woodbine's second race on Saturday afternoon.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud has entered into an agreement to purchase Lexington's Jonabell Farm. The purchase includes the 790-acre property, which has been at its current location since its founding in 1954. John and Jessica Bell III own the farm, which is managed by their son Jim.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet