Six-time Sovereign Award-winning jockey Todd Kabel has decided to sit out the rest of the 2008 Canadian racing season due to weight issues.
The Bell Addictive Diseases Chair, started with a $250,000 gift by Jessica Bell in honor of her husband, former Jonabell Farm owner John Bell, has now reached $1.4 million, the University of Kentucky reports.
Jockey Todd Kabel collected his 3,000th lifetime win in Woodbine's second race on Saturday afternoon.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud has entered into an agreement to purchase Lexington's Jonabell Farm. The purchase includes the 790-acre property, which has been at its current location since its founding in 1954. John and Jessica Bell III own the farm, which is managed by their son Jim.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move