Jockeys riding during Hialeah's Quarter Horse meeting have new fee schedule of $65-$105, depending on the purse.
The Jockeys' Guild and the New Mexico Horsemen's Association have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule that will provide an increase in base mount fees for jockeys at all New Mexico tracks.
The New Mexico Racing Commission approved an increase in base mount fees for jockeys starting with the opening of Sunland Park Dec. 10.
Following completion of the permanent rule making process of the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, jockeys in Oklahoma received an increase in base mount fees beginning July 11, the date the new jockey fee schedule rule went
Louisiana jockeys will receive an increase in losing mount fees statewide when a new scale, approved by the Louisiana Racing Commission, takes effect beginning May 13.
New Mexico became the second state to adopt a "safety reins" rule when the New Mexico Racing Commission approved the measure Aug. 21. The Ohio State Racing Commission adopted a similar rule in March.
Most Popular Stories
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm