A 2012 race dates calendar was approved by the California Horse Racing Board Oct. 6, with only minor changes from its 2011 version.
Dr. Jack K. Robbins has stepped down as president of the Oak Tree Racing Association and has assumed the chairmanship of the board of directors.
The Jockey Club acknowledges it has limits on what it can mandate in the area of equine health and safety, but it does plan to use its new Thoroughbred Safety Committee as a "bully pulpit" to bring about change.
John W. Amerman and Ian D. Highet have been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club.
Keith Card has been elected president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association for 2005.
Bob's Lady, the only stakes winner in the field, cruised to a 5 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Bob's Lady, a stakes-winner of more than $100,000, and Brite Sunny Day, who has won two of her three starts, head a field of six in Sunday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29