Schramsberg, a son of Storm Cat out of the champion Serena's Song, registered his first graded stakes victory when in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Houston Race Park Jan. 29.
Acting Zippy dictated a slow pace for jockey Robby Albarado and had enough left to hold off Orientate Express for neck victory in the $197,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 30.
The $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) came up as a real hat pin special Jan. 30, attracting a capacity field of 14 entrants with no clear standouts at Sam Houston Race Park.
Texas bred Scrappy Roo held off the rallying Going Ballistic by a head in the $168,500 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing night at Sam Houston State Park April 5, earning his fifth consecutive victory.
Millennium Farms' Student Council will try the turf--a surface he's never won over--for the first time since December of 2006 when he tackles seven other starters in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston April 5, but trainer Donnie von Hemel expects Going Ballistic to put up a fight.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea