Schramsberg, a son of Storm Cat out of the champion Serena's Song, registered his first graded stakes victory when in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Houston Race Park Jan. 29.
Acting Zippy dictated a slow pace for jockey Robby Albarado and had enough left to hold off Orientate Express for neck victory in the $197,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 30.
The $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) came up as a real hat pin special Jan. 30, attracting a capacity field of 14 entrants with no clear standouts at Sam Houston Race Park.
Texas bred Scrappy Roo held off the rallying Going Ballistic by a head in the $168,500 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing night at Sam Houston State Park April 5, earning his fifth consecutive victory.
Millennium Farms' Student Council will try the turf--a surface he's never won over--for the first time since December of 2006 when he tackles seven other starters in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston April 5, but trainer Donnie von Hemel expects Going Ballistic to put up a fight.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo