Schramsberg, a son of Storm Cat out of the champion Serena's Song, registered his first graded stakes victory when in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Houston Race Park Jan. 29.
Acting Zippy dictated a slow pace for jockey Robby Albarado and had enough left to hold off Orientate Express for neck victory in the $197,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 30.
The $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) came up as a real hat pin special Jan. 30, attracting a capacity field of 14 entrants with no clear standouts at Sam Houston Race Park.
Texas bred Scrappy Roo held off the rallying Going Ballistic by a head in the $168,500 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing night at Sam Houston State Park April 5, earning his fifth consecutive victory.
Millennium Farms' Student Council will try the turf--a surface he's never won over--for the first time since December of 2006 when he tackles seven other starters in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston April 5, but trainer Donnie von Hemel expects Going Ballistic to put up a fight.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward