Sam Houston Race Park revamps stakes schedule for 2013, offers "Ship Assist" program for owners who start horse in Houston Ladies Classic and undercard stakes.
Sam Houston Race Park will open its 19th annual live racing season Friday, Jan. 20, 2012.
Peter Vegso's Silver Tree has been installed as the 8-5 morning line favorite in the $200,000 John B. Connally Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT), the highlight of closing weekend at Sam Houston Race Park Saturday.
Saturday's John B. Conally features seven-year-old Green Fee and Candid Glen, the winner of the last two runnings of the $200,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19