Keith Brackpool and Richard Rosenberg have been appointed to the California Horse Racing Board, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's office announced Sept. 24.
John Andreini has been appointed to the California Horse Racing Board by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- By Jack Shinar
Backed into a corner by workers' compensation insurance rates expected to soar to 70% of trainer payroll, Quarter Horse officials at Los Alamitos Race Course in Southern California are fighting back with a plan that will cut costs by more than half in most cases.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity