Jerry and Ann Moss were named Owners of the Year for the second straight year in 2009 and their mare Zenyatta Horse of the Year by the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Three-time grade I winner Balance has been retired and will be sent to Mill Ridge Farm in Kentucky, trainer David Hofmans said Nov. 1.
Balance, a disqualification away from being undefeated, successfully made the transition from turf to dirt while rolling to a 1 3/4-length victory under jockey Victor Espinoza in Sunday's $100,000 Sharp Cat Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park.
The first foal for the stallion Max's Pal is a filly born Feb. 8 at Roy Lerman's Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla.
Spoken Fur, who developed into one of the year's top 3-year-old fillies for Amerman Racing Stables and trainer Bobby Frankel, has been retired from racing.
Millionaire Happyanunoit, who finished third in the Nov. 26 Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park in her last start, will stay in training for the 2001 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell