Ever-youthful Gary Stevens put an exclamation point on his remarkable comeback this season when riding Mucho Macho Man to a nose victory in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Mucho Macho Man earned his long-anticipated first grade I victory and stamped his return ticket to the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) with an impressive performance in the $250,000 Awesome Again Stakes Sept. 28.
Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith flew from California to ride Mucho Macho Man in the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 7, and the trip paid off as the big bay colt won the 1 1/8-mile test.
U.S. champion female sprinter was bred by Ocala Stud and sold as a 2-year-old at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s April sale.
The son of Macho Uno wins his second stakes of the year in the Gulfstream Park Handicap.
With Rajiv Maragh picking up the mount for the injured Eibar Coa, Mucho Macho Man held off Santiva to win the $300,000 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths Feb. 19 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale