New York invader Unforgettable Max heads a field of eight in Saturday's $150,000 Jim McKay Breeders' Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at 1 1/8 mile at Pimlico.
Jorgie Stover and jockey Kaymarie Kreidel were overlooked in the wagering, but they teamed up for a front-running upset victory in Saturday's $67,750 Harrison Johnson Memorial Handicap at Laurel Park.
Longshot Spectacular Moon coasted behind a torrid pace duel, then flew down the center of the stretch to win the $150,000 Astarita Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies by a neck on a sloppy Belmont Park track Sunday.
Undefeated in a pair of starts, the fleet-footed Smokey Glacken puts her unblemished record on the line in Sunday's $150,000 Astarita (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Nine 2-year-old fillies were entered in the 6 ½-furlong sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss