New York invader Unforgettable Max heads a field of eight in Saturday's $150,000 Jim McKay Breeders' Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at 1 1/8 mile at Pimlico.
Jorgie Stover and jockey Kaymarie Kreidel were overlooked in the wagering, but they teamed up for a front-running upset victory in Saturday's $67,750 Harrison Johnson Memorial Handicap at Laurel Park.
Longshot Spectacular Moon coasted behind a torrid pace duel, then flew down the center of the stretch to win the $150,000 Astarita Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies by a neck on a sloppy Belmont Park track Sunday.
Undefeated in a pair of starts, the fleet-footed Smokey Glacken puts her unblemished record on the line in Sunday's $150,000 Astarita (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Nine 2-year-old fillies were entered in the 6 ½-furlong sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines