The Thoroughbred Club honored Hall of Fame and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trainer Shug McGaughey Sept. 29 at Keeneland during the club's 82nd annual testimonial dinner.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, last year's champion 2-year-old filly and one of leading contenders for this year's Kentucky Oaks, was buried at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. following her death due to colitis and laminitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista