The Thoroughbred Club honored Hall of Fame and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trainer Shug McGaughey Sept. 29 at Keeneland during the club's 82nd annual testimonial dinner.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, last year's champion 2-year-old filly and one of leading contenders for this year's Kentucky Oaks, was buried at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. following her death due to colitis and laminitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win