The Thoroughbred Club honored Hall of Fame and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trainer Shug McGaughey Sept. 29 at Keeneland during the club's 82nd annual testimonial dinner.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, last year's champion 2-year-old filly and one of leading contenders for this year's Kentucky Oaks, was buried at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. following her death due to colitis and laminitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Breeders' Cup Ticket Sales Begin Online
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute