The Thoroughbred Club honored Hall of Fame and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trainer Shug McGaughey Sept. 29 at Keeneland during the club's 82nd annual testimonial dinner.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, last year's champion 2-year-old filly and one of leading contenders for this year's Kentucky Oaks, was buried at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. following her death due to colitis and laminitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Jacks Masterpiece First Winner for Smiling Tiger