Post positions have been drawn for the next Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) stepping stone race, the March 31 Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park. Grade I winner Scat Daddy currently heads the field at morning line odds of 5-2.
It will be a rematch of sorts in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) when the top three finishers of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III)-- Nobiz Like Shobiz, Drums of Thunder, and Scat Daddy-- return to the starting gate March 3 for the $350,000 race going 1 1/8 mile at Gulfstream Park.
Bisnalth Parbod's 3-year-old colt Johannesburg Star worked six furlongs in 1:12 1/5 Sunday morning at Gulfstream Park in preparation for his longshot bid in Saturday's $300,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II).
Elizabeth Valando's Nobiz Like Shobiz showed his readiness for the March 3 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) by working six furlongs in 1:11 1/5 at Gulfstream Park Friday.
Paraneck Stable's Pink Viper held off 6-5 favorite Johannesburg Star to win the 32nd running of the $70,865 Count Fleet for 3-year-olds at a mile and 70 yards on the Aqueduct inner dirt track on a record 70-degree day Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby