If everything comes together, that is to say there's not a lone winner of the Rainbow 6 on May 24 or May 25 at Gulfstream Park, Monday's Gulfstream card figures to be the focus of horseplayers throughout the world.
St. George Farm Racing's homebred and dual graded stakes winner Mr. Commons will attempt to overcome the rail post and snap an eight-race losing streak when he faces at least eight others in the June 7 Jaipur Stakes.
Silver Max, who captured six consecutive races on turf last year, makes his 4-year-old debut March 30 in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Data Link notched his second straight graded stakes victory in his 2013 debut when he got up late and prevailed by a length over Joes Blazing Aaron in the Feb. 23 Canadian Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
After winning three graded stakes on turf last year, including the grade I Maker's 46 Mile Stakes, Data Link will make his 5-year-old seasonal debut on Feb. 23 in the Canadian Turf Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Majestic Hussar has run well in two allowance starts sprinting at Gulfstream Park this winter and will face his biggest challenge yet when he tries two turns for the first time in the Fountain of Youth Stakes Feb. 23.
Joseph Witek's homebred Joes Blazing Aaron, who wired a field of $50,000 claimers on Feb. 17, led from gate-to-wire once again when scoring the $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths March 12 at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe