The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association is holding a two-day Thoroughbred Ownership Seminar that will include a trip to WinStar Farm's training center, a private backstretch tour of Keeneland, and two days of racing.
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Greta Kuntzweiler, whose riding career was derailed in 2006 and 2007 after her arrest on drug charges, has been granted a license to resume riding in Kentucky, contingent upon a set of strict conditions.
- By Ryan Conley
It wasn't quite like the old joke about a hockey game breaking out at a fight, but a lively mini-debate over what role the federal government should have in legislating horse racing sprang up April 29.
by Joel B. Turner - It is what we owners and breeders fear the most. A call from a farm employee, trainer, or vet with that oddly familiar, awkward tone foretelling the bad news we have lost one of our horses.
About 50 members of the horse industry met in a public forum setting Oct. 29 to discuss the potential impact of a new Florida law that authorizes regulation in public and private sales.
Group III-winning juvenile Fast Company has been sold by Earle I. Mack to Darley for an undisclosed price, it was confirmed Aug. 29.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has formed a committee that will study the use of jockey advertising in live races and try and come up with a plan "that benefits the entire sport."
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic