With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase