With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Gains Posted at Doncaster Premier Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras