With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition