With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Borell Arraignment Set for Monday, Aug. 1
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Reinstatement of PA Awards Payments Tabled
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes