The Thoroughbred Racing Associations board of directors elected Scott Wells, president of Remington Park in Oklahoma City, the organization's 36th president at its March 5 meeting in Tampa, Fla.
Atlantic City Race Course is again making a pitch to expand its racing days but says it needs several million dollars a year in additional purse money.
Comcast, the broadcasting network of Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack's daily television show PhoneBet TV, has announced it will remove the show from its lineup effective March 31.
Philadelphia Park has been asked to cease handling account wagers on racing affiliated with TrackNet Media Group unless the Pennsylvania track signs a new licensing agreement with the content group.
Officials at Atlantic City Race Course said April 2 there are no plans to close the storied New Jersey track, which will continue to offer live Thoroughbred racing and longer meets if it receives a share of a $90-million purse supplement from the state's casinos.
Philadelphia Park Casino and Racetrack canceled ive racing Nov. 30 because of a damaged water main that was discovered one day earlier just outside of the casino.
Harold G. "Hal" Handel, chief executive officer for Greenwood Racing, Inc. since 1998, has left his day-to-day duties at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack and assumed responsibility for Greenwood's New Jersey operations, which include the revitalization of Atlantic City Race Course.
The International Simulcast Conference concluded its three-day run in Miami Beach, Fla., Sept. 22 with a panel discussion that looked into why people would want to wager at racetracks instead of through account-wagering services or other outlets.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer