Jockey Rosie Napravnik said July 5 that she plans to resume riding in a week's time, marking a swift return from a shoulder injury suffered last month.
Belmont Stakes contender General a Rod galloped over the main track at 5:45 the morning of June 6, his first time over the Belmont Park course since arriving from trainer Mike Maker's Louisville base the previous evening.
Steve Haskin continues his new audio series One For the Roses with LeComte Stakes (gr. III) winner Vicar's in Trouble who is preparing for the Risen Star Stakes.
Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) winner Vicar's in Trouble breezed five furlongs in 1:00 3/5 the morning of Feb. 9 at Fair Grounds in preparation for the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) on Louisiana Derby Preview Day Feb. 22.
Vicar's in Trouble, a romping 6 3/4-length winner of the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 18, is to remain in at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots for his next start.
After demolishing 10 over-matched Louisiana-breds to close out his 2012 season, Vicar's in Trouble gave open company the same treatment Jan. 18 when he rolled to an easy victory in the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III).
Champion Hansen, the 6-5 favorite for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), was schooled in the gate at Keeneland on the morning of April 13 and then jogged over the Polytrack surface at the Lexington track.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call