Jockey Rosie Napravnik said July 5 that she plans to resume riding in a week's time, marking a swift return from a shoulder injury suffered last month.
Belmont Stakes contender General a Rod galloped over the main track at 5:45 the morning of June 6, his first time over the Belmont Park course since arriving from trainer Mike Maker's Louisville base the previous evening.
Steve Haskin continues his new audio series One For the Roses with LeComte Stakes (gr. III) winner Vicar's in Trouble who is preparing for the Risen Star Stakes.
Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) winner Vicar's in Trouble breezed five furlongs in 1:00 3/5 the morning of Feb. 9 at Fair Grounds in preparation for the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) on Louisiana Derby Preview Day Feb. 22.
Vicar's in Trouble, a romping 6 3/4-length winner of the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 18, is to remain in at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots for his next start.
After demolishing 10 over-matched Louisiana-breds to close out his 2012 season, Vicar's in Trouble gave open company the same treatment Jan. 18 when he rolled to an easy victory in the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III).
Champion Hansen, the 6-5 favorite for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), was schooled in the gate at Keeneland on the morning of April 13 and then jogged over the Polytrack surface at the Lexington track.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale