Presque Isle Downs is the latest track to get caught up in the battle over revenue sharing of online and telephone wagering companies as signals to many advance deposit wagering companies were cut off May 11 due to lack of agreements with the Pennsylvania Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Premier Turf Club has added Keeneland content to its list of track offerings, building on a business model that has allowed the North Dakota-based advance deposit wagering entity to realize four-fold growth in handle in the last few months.
Touting their new advance deposit wagering enterprise as one developed "by players for players," backers of Premier Turf Club hope to reel in dollars currently being wagered with entities that operate outside the pari-mutuel arena.
Real estate investors continue to go after farms in Central Kentucky and Ocala, Fla. Many of the properties are remaining agricultural in nature, according to real estate agents.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity