Art Sherman, who trains Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome, and others were honored by the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association the evening of Oct. 29.
Art Sherman, Cot Campbell, Charlsie Cantey, and Blood-Horse's Tom LaMarra are the winners for the 55th annual awards dinner of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association, to be held Oct. 29 in Arcadia, Ca.
The National Turf Writers And Broadcasters will honor recently retired Oaklawn Park track announcer Terry Wallace, the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund, and New York-based turf writer David Grening Nov. 2 in Louisville.
Larry Jones, Dr. Jack Robbins, and Dan Farley will each be honored with one of three awards presented annually by the National Turf Writers Association.
Retired Racing Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron, the late track announcer Luke Kruytbosch, and multiple Media Eclipse Award-winning Turf writer Maryjean Wall will be honored later this year with awards presented by the National Turf Writers Association.
Jockey Calvin Borel, noted veterinary surgeon Dr. Larry Bramlage, and award-winning racing journalist Dick Jerardi will be honored Oct. 24 with awards presented by the National Turf Writers Association.
Retired jockey Patricia Cooksey, trainer Noble Threewitt, and Blood-Horse senior correspondent Steve Haskin have been selected to receive awards from the National Turf Writers Association during the organization's dinner Oct. 27 in Dallas in conjunction with Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships week.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music