Turf racing has returned to Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort, which reopened its seven-furlong course on Memorial Day.
Live Thoroughbred racing returns this Friday, March 2, at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort. The track in West Virginia's northern panhandle will commence its 62nd season with a 10-race card.
A near-record number of 3-year-olds were nominated to the Aug. 7 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort.
The horsemen at Delaware Park are well aware that trainer Larry Jones has an arsenal of stakes competitors in his barn. And on Aug. 2, Jones plans to bring a vanload of his top horses to Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort for the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) program.
Fifty-seven horses, including a host of stakes winners, have been nominated to a pair of stakes that will anchor the Sept. 29 closing-night card of the inaugural racing season at Presque Isle Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees