Officials with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and New York State Racing and Wagering Board said March 2 they are looking into loans made by Ahmed Zayat to two brothers convicted in connection with illegal bookmaking.
New York's rules governing racetrack and off-track revenue-sharing took another twist Dec. 15 as state racing regulators ordered four downstate off-track betting corporations to pay millions of dollars to Yonkers Raceway.
- By Claire Novak
Owner Andrew Berg, who races horses with partner Joseph Taub under the name Gumpster Stables, had his license revoked Oct. 21 by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board after he was indicted along with 29 other individuals and one corporation in the bust of an illegal multimillion-dollar off-shore sports betting operation.
On April 6, two days after Gato Go Win was scratched from the Bay Shore Stakes (gr.III) at Aqueduct because the horse's trainer, Jeff Mullins, was observed administrating an orally-injected substance to his horse in the detention barn, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board said the "matter is still in the hands" of the Aqueduct stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak