Joseph Judge, part owner of 2005 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Afleet Alex during the colt's racing days, died Sunday, Jan. 20 of complications from cancer.
- By Tom LaMarra
Cash is King Stable not only owned a racehorse that attracted the interest of the general public last year, but it actively contributed to a charity that garnered funds through the horse's success on the track. That special combination earned Cash is King Stable the 2005 Special Eclipse Award.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday that Cash is King Racing Stable -- owner of dual classic winner Afleet Alex -- has been honored with the Special Eclipse Award. The Special Eclipse is presented to "honor outstanding individual achievements in, or contributions to, the sport of Thoroughbred racing."
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer