Jockey Joe Hampshire reached the 3,000 win mark Friday by booting home two longshots in the final two races of the Laurel Park card.
Joe Hampshire, New England's top rider for the past six years, has joined the Maryland jockey colony after short stints at Aqueduct and Mountaineer Park this winter.
Joe Hampshire Jr. will try to keep his 23-day winning streak alive on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct