Jockey Joe Hampshire reached the 3,000 win mark Friday by booting home two longshots in the final two races of the Laurel Park card.
Joe Hampshire, New England's top rider for the past six years, has joined the Maryland jockey colony after short stints at Aqueduct and Mountaineer Park this winter.
Joe Hampshire Jr. will try to keep his 23-day winning streak alive on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet