The United States Trotting Association has formed a committee to examine a proposal to use a small percentage of gaming revenue to support marketing and enhanced equine drug testing, but stopped short of endorsing the plan.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
A tentative deal has been reached to let the New York Racing Association and other tracks take over the advanced deposit wagering system now run by the giant New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000