Tim Sullivan won the 2015 Media Eclipse Award for Writing in the News/Enterprise category for "Family, PETA at odds after Horseman's Death," an investigative report into circumstances surrounding the suicide of Hub Johnson.
This is a fifth Eclipse Award for Rees, who retired in November after 34 years with the Courier-Journal.
Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
The $25,000 prize intended for three New York Times writers will instead benefit drug testing programs. The newspaper's editorial ethics policy prohibits the writers from accepting the award.
Leadership of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation on March 18 defended the organization from allegations of neglect among some horses under the care of the equine retirement program.
- By Ryan Conley
It wasn't quite like the old joke about a hockey game breaking out at a fight, but a lively mini-debate over what role the federal government should have in legislating horse racing sprang up April 29.
Joe Drape has won the 2009 Media Eclipse Award for Writing in the Feature/Enterprise category for "Despite Outcry, Derby Owners Fall Silent on Drugs for Horses," which appeared in The New York Times on April 30, 2009.
Joe Drape of the New York Times has won the media Eclipse Award for writing in the news/commentary category for his series of articles on a fraudulent wagering scheme associated with the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Shipley Named President, GM of Fair Grounds
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe