Veteran jockey Mike Morgan was hospitalized overnight for treatment of injuries suffered in a chain reaction spill that involved four horses during Sunday's final race at Churchill Downs.
A chain reaction spill that involved four horses during Sunday's final race at Churchill Downs sent three jockeys to Louisville hospitals for treatment and evaluation.
Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Perfect Drift, the third place finisher in the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), breezed an easy half-mile Saturday at Churchill Downs' Trackside Louisville training center and trainer Murray Johnson said the Dynaformer gelding appears ready for a likely run in next Saturday's $750,000-added Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I).
Stonecrest Farm's Perfect Drift continued his preparation for the $400,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. II) on Nov. 29 with a four-furlong work on Saturday at Churchill Downs' Trackside Louisville training center.
Most Popular Stories
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Haskin: Thoughts on a Super Saturday