Following the record-setting fireworks of Monday's select session, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued to perform strongly Tuesday during the first of its four open sessions.
A colt by Smoke Glacken consigned by Eisaman Equine, Agent, was sold for $220,000 to Joe Brocklebank, Agent For Jeff Singer Racing, to top Tuesday's opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award