Following the record-setting fireworks of Monday's select session, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued to perform strongly Tuesday during the first of its four open sessions.
A colt by Smoke Glacken consigned by Eisaman Equine, Agent, was sold for $220,000 to Joe Brocklebank, Agent For Jeff Singer Racing, to top Tuesday's opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set