Following the record-setting fireworks of Monday's select session, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued to perform strongly Tuesday during the first of its four open sessions.
A colt by Smoke Glacken consigned by Eisaman Equine, Agent, was sold for $220,000 to Joe Brocklebank, Agent For Jeff Singer Racing, to top Tuesday's opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones