Following the record-setting fireworks of Monday's select session, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued to perform strongly Tuesday during the first of its four open sessions.
A colt by Smoke Glacken consigned by Eisaman Equine, Agent, was sold for $220,000 to Joe Brocklebank, Agent For Jeff Singer Racing, to top Tuesday's opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows