Anyone who took the time to examine the pedigrees of 2-year-old Pasaka Boy and 7-year-old Shesha Bear on the Salisbury race card in England June 12 couldn't help but be surprised.
Trainers in Britain are upset about a series of clenbuterol positives which have led to disqualifications by the Jockey Club which has a no tolerance drug policy.
Claiborne Farm's favored Stroll won his fourth straight in Sunday's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park when jockey Jerry Bailey squeezed through a small opening on the hedge to defeat Kicken Kris and Joe Bear.
Christopher Ransom's Joe Bear blew out three furlongs in :37 Saturday morning at Belmont Park. The 3-year-old colt has post one in Sunday's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT).
Grade I winner Kicken Kris, whose career turned with a switch to the turf, starts as the colt to beat in Belmont Park's $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) at nine furlongs Sunday.
Brushwood Stable's Kicken Kris put the final touches on a eventful Arlington Million Day by posting a 15-1 upset in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds with Javier Castellano riding.
Moyglare Stud Farm Ltd.'s Evolving Tactics, J. J. Pletcher & Barry Simon's Lismore Knight, and Mrs. John Magnier & Michael Tabor's France head a well-matched group of 11 sophomore grass specialists from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean assembled for Saturday's $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks