Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze captured his 400th victory of the year Thursday, marking the ninth time he has reached that milestone. To put the achievement in perspective, no other rider has won 400 races more than three times in a career. Baze received a Special Eclipse Award after the fourth time he reached 400, in 1995.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Breeders' Cup Ticket Sales Begin Online
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute