Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze captured his 400th victory of the year Thursday, marking the ninth time he has reached that milestone. To put the achievement in perspective, no other rider has won 400 races more than three times in a career. Baze received a Special Eclipse Award after the fourth time he reached 400, in 1995.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas