Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze captured his 400th victory of the year Thursday, marking the ninth time he has reached that milestone. To put the achievement in perspective, no other rider has won 400 races more than three times in a career. Baze received a Special Eclipse Award after the fourth time he reached 400, in 1995.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11