Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze captured his 400th victory of the year Thursday, marking the ninth time he has reached that milestone. To put the achievement in perspective, no other rider has won 400 races more than three times in a career. Baze received a Special Eclipse Award after the fourth time he reached 400, in 1995.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Ruler of The World to Coolmore Stud for 2015
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike