Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze captured his 400th victory of the year Thursday, marking the ninth time he has reached that milestone. To put the achievement in perspective, no other rider has won 400 races more than three times in a career. Baze received a Special Eclipse Award after the fourth time he reached 400, in 1995.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid