Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan opened as the 4-1 favorite in the first-ever Horse of the Year future bet odds listed April 25 by bookmakers William Hill.
The sports betting company William Hill has teamed with Monmouth Park in a long-term agreement to become the Oceanport, N.J., racetrack's exclusive sports betting provider.
Mobile phone technology is becoming an increasingly important asset for horse racing as more applications are developed for customers who want to gather data and wager with greater convenience.
Scientific Games Racing, a subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation, and Cantor Index announced Tuesday that the Meadowlands Racetrack and Monmouth Park Racetrack, both owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, will begin to offer the Choose Six and Group Bet.
Though the focus July 17 will be on the first $1-million race in the history of Delaware Park, the afternoon will serve as a proving ground for a new wager proponents hope becomes an industry standard.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27