Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan opened as the 4-1 favorite in the first-ever Horse of the Year future bet odds listed April 25 by bookmakers William Hill.
The sports betting company William Hill has teamed with Monmouth Park in a long-term agreement to become the Oceanport, N.J., racetrack's exclusive sports betting provider.
Mobile phone technology is becoming an increasingly important asset for horse racing as more applications are developed for customers who want to gather data and wager with greater convenience.
Scientific Games Racing, a subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation, and Cantor Index announced Tuesday that the Meadowlands Racetrack and Monmouth Park Racetrack, both owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, will begin to offer the Choose Six and Group Bet.
Though the focus July 17 will be on the first $1-million race in the history of Delaware Park, the afternoon will serve as a proving ground for a new wager proponents hope becomes an industry standard.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic