Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan opened as the 4-1 favorite in the first-ever Horse of the Year future bet odds listed April 25 by bookmakers William Hill.
The sports betting company William Hill has teamed with Monmouth Park in a long-term agreement to become the Oceanport, N.J., racetrack's exclusive sports betting provider.
Mobile phone technology is becoming an increasingly important asset for horse racing as more applications are developed for customers who want to gather data and wager with greater convenience.
Scientific Games Racing, a subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation, and Cantor Index announced Tuesday that the Meadowlands Racetrack and Monmouth Park Racetrack, both owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, will begin to offer the Choose Six and Group Bet.
Though the focus July 17 will be on the first $1-million race in the history of Delaware Park, the afternoon will serve as a proving ground for a new wager proponents hope becomes an industry standard.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction