The outcome of this year's New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association could significantly change the priorities of the owners and trainers organization.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s four-day spring sale, the largest offering of 2-year-olds in training at public auction each season, is expected to once again produce a number of stakes winners from a catalog of more than 1,200.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale.
Now that some horses race on synthetic tracks or are sold at juvenile auctions after working over synthetic surfaces, have buyers at Thoroughbred sales changed how they make their selections?
The Florida auction, which has fancy pedigrees, is scheduled for March 2 at Calder Casino and Race Course.
Several consignors make predictions about the market's performance.
Read what people have been saying about their expectations for the Fasig-Tipton July select yearling sale, which is scheduled for July 20 and 21 in Lexington.
Still reeling from the effects of the worldwide financial crisis, buyers approached the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training cautiously, and their reluctance to spend the really big bucks was a major factor in the opening session's setbacks. Compared to a year ago, when the auction enjoyed a record-setting run, the gross revenue dropped 29.6% while the average price fell 32.6%,and the median price declined 22.2% March 17 in Central Florida.
A smooth-striding Grand Slam colt brought $400,000 early in the afternoon during the first session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Participants talk about the market at the OBS March juvenile auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award