Thoroughbred owner and communications company founder Joe Allbritton died Dec. 12, just 17 days prior to his 88th birthday.
Hansel, the 1991 champion and dual classic winner for Joe Allbritton, recently arrived back in the United States from Japan.
Seeking the Pearl, a Japanese grade I winner who became the first Japanese-trained horse to win a race in Europe, died June 10 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Part One) enjoyed another record-breaking session Thursday with the average price of 40,433gns up by 38% and the median of 30,000gns showing an increase of 25% over a year ago.
Secret Hello, who was Virginia's leading sire in 1999, was euthanized because of complications from a chronic neurological disease.
Frank Brothers, who trained privately for Joe Allbritton's Lazy Lane Farm in the late 1980s and early '90s, will soon again be only handling horses for that operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card