Thoroughbred owner and communications company founder Joe Allbritton died Dec. 12, just 17 days prior to his 88th birthday.
Hansel, the 1991 champion and dual classic winner for Joe Allbritton, recently arrived back in the United States from Japan.
Seeking the Pearl, a Japanese grade I winner who became the first Japanese-trained horse to win a race in Europe, died June 10 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Part One) enjoyed another record-breaking session Thursday with the average price of 40,433gns up by 38% and the median of 30,000gns showing an increase of 25% over a year ago.
Secret Hello, who was Virginia's leading sire in 1999, was euthanized because of complications from a chronic neurological disease.
Frank Brothers, who trained privately for Joe Allbritton's Lazy Lane Farm in the late 1980s and early '90s, will soon again be only handling horses for that operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite