Maryland Jockey Club will continue efforts to boost interest in racing on the Friday before the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) by again partnering with the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure for some special events.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens said Tuesday he will not participate in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, on Oct. 30 or in any other state without workers' compensation to cover complete medical expenses for injured jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line