Maryland Jockey Club will continue efforts to boost interest in racing on the Friday before the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) by again partnering with the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure for some special events.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens said Tuesday he will not participate in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, on Oct. 30 or in any other state without workers' compensation to cover complete medical expenses for injured jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup