Maryland Jockey Club will continue efforts to boost interest in racing on the Friday before the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) by again partnering with the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure for some special events.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens said Tuesday he will not participate in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, on Oct. 30 or in any other state without workers' compensation to cover complete medical expenses for injured jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%