Maryland Jockey Club will continue efforts to boost interest in racing on the Friday before the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) by again partnering with the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure for some special events.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens said Tuesday he will not participate in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, on Oct. 30 or in any other state without workers' compensation to cover complete medical expenses for injured jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'