Russell Baze moved into fourth place on the career victory list for jockeys Saturday. On Sunday, two-time Eclipse Award-winning jockey Mike Smith earned his 4,000th career victory by guiding Lift Off to victory in the last race on the card Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron became the seventh jockey to reach the 7,000 win plateau, guiding 3-1 third betting choice Spinelessjellyfish to victory in the $175,000 Khaled Stakes Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron finished second on his first two mounts Saturday, remaining one victory shy of 7,000. He is scheduled to ride in four more races on the card.
Jockey Russell Baze earned his 400th win on the year in Thursday's fourth race at Golden Gate Fields. With the win Baze reached the 400-win mark for the eighth time in nine years.
Jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. earned career victory 9,000 Saturday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, winning his third race of the day aboard Chichim in the Louis R. Rowan California Cup Distaff Handicap to reach the milestone. After accomplishing that feat, the veteran rider then added two more winners to bring his total for the day to five.
Jockey Anibal Prado notched his 1,000th career victory as Philadelphia Park on Sunday, when he guided Run Judge Run to a neck-length victory in the track’s sixth race.
Jockey Rene Douglas earned career victory 2,000 in the third race Sunday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk