A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Business boomed on the third day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 27 in England. The gross revenue rose 55.1% from a year ago while the average price and median price increased 21.7% and 14.3%, respectively. Thirty weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($173,000 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and seven each brought 200,000 guineas ($346,000) or more.
A Galileo half-brother to group I Grand Criterium winner Second Empire comfortably topped Monday's Tattersalls December Yearling Sale in Newmarket, England, when bought by Demi O'Byrne for 255,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested