A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Business boomed on the third day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 27 in England. The gross revenue rose 55.1% from a year ago while the average price and median price increased 21.7% and 14.3%, respectively. Thirty weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($173,000 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and seven each brought 200,000 guineas ($346,000) or more.
A Galileo half-brother to group I Grand Criterium winner Second Empire comfortably topped Monday's Tattersalls December Yearling Sale in Newmarket, England, when bought by Demi O'Byrne for 255,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt