A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Business boomed on the third day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 27 in England. The gross revenue rose 55.1% from a year ago while the average price and median price increased 21.7% and 14.3%, respectively. Thirty weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($173,000 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and seven each brought 200,000 guineas ($346,000) or more.
A Galileo half-brother to group I Grand Criterium winner Second Empire comfortably topped Monday's Tattersalls December Yearling Sale in Newmarket, England, when bought by Demi O'Byrne for 255,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Longines Named Official Breeders' Cup Partner
- Breeders' Cup 'The Works' Returns to TVG
- Handle Down at Challenged Delaware Park Meet
- Canterbury Requests 70 Racing Dates for 2015
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.