A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Business boomed on the third day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 27 in England. The gross revenue rose 55.1% from a year ago while the average price and median price increased 21.7% and 14.3%, respectively. Thirty weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($173,000 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and seven each brought 200,000 guineas ($346,000) or more.
A Galileo half-brother to group I Grand Criterium winner Second Empire comfortably topped Monday's Tattersalls December Yearling Sale in Newmarket, England, when bought by Demi O'Byrne for 255,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver