Members of the Jockeys' Guild will honor the late jockey Mark Villa and the seriously injured Michael Martinez during the weekend of Nov. 5-6.
A rider at Blue Ribbon Downs died Oct. 18 after he fell from a horse during the first race at the Sallisaw, Okla., track.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported that apprentice jockey Philip C. T. Cheng died Tuesday as a result of injuries he sustained in a fall Saturday in the fourth race at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The parents of deceased jockey J.C. Gonzalez filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that seeks unspecified damages to be paid by a trainer and several veterinarians whom they believe are responsible for their son's death.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa