Members of the Jockeys' Guild will honor the late jockey Mark Villa and the seriously injured Michael Martinez during the weekend of Nov. 5-6.
A rider at Blue Ribbon Downs died Oct. 18 after he fell from a horse during the first race at the Sallisaw, Okla., track.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported that apprentice jockey Philip C. T. Cheng died Tuesday as a result of injuries he sustained in a fall Saturday in the fourth race at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The parents of deceased jockey J.C. Gonzalez filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that seeks unspecified damages to be paid by a trainer and several veterinarians whom they believe are responsible for their son's death.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose