Members of the Jockeys' Guild will honor the late jockey Mark Villa and the seriously injured Michael Martinez during the weekend of Nov. 5-6.
A rider at Blue Ribbon Downs died Oct. 18 after he fell from a horse during the first race at the Sallisaw, Okla., track.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported that apprentice jockey Philip C. T. Cheng died Tuesday as a result of injuries he sustained in a fall Saturday in the fourth race at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The parents of deceased jockey J.C. Gonzalez filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that seeks unspecified damages to be paid by a trainer and several veterinarians whom they believe are responsible for their son's death.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby