New York-based sire Utopia has been purchased by Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce on behalf of Serdar Kemal Ozcolak, who will stand him in Turkey.
Turkey-based stallion Divine Light died May 12 at Adana Seyhan Covering Station due to complications from a lipoma tumor being coiled around his intestines. The son of Sunday Silence--Meld Sport, by Northern Taste, was 19.
Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce has purchased multiple graded stakes winner Zanjero on behalf of local owner/breeder Serdar Kemal Ozcolak.
After Market, a 10-year-old son of Storm Cat, has been purchased by the partnership of Hakan Yuceturk and Hakan Sabri Ozcan of Instanbul, Turkey.
By Kingmambo, Okawango is the sire of 124 winners and his runners have earned $7,168,149 as reported through Oct. 25. One of his top runners is Steele Tango, a group III winner in England.
Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
Omer Faruk Girgin has been voted president of the Jockey Club of Turkey for a two-year term beginning Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board