New York-based sire Utopia has been purchased by Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce on behalf of Serdar Kemal Ozcolak, who will stand him in Turkey.
Turkey-based stallion Divine Light died May 12 at Adana Seyhan Covering Station due to complications from a lipoma tumor being coiled around his intestines. The son of Sunday Silence--Meld Sport, by Northern Taste, was 19.
Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce has purchased multiple graded stakes winner Zanjero on behalf of local owner/breeder Serdar Kemal Ozcolak.
After Market, a 10-year-old son of Storm Cat, has been purchased by the partnership of Hakan Yuceturk and Hakan Sabri Ozcan of Instanbul, Turkey.
By Kingmambo, Okawango is the sire of 124 winners and his runners have earned $7,168,149 as reported through Oct. 25. One of his top runners is Steele Tango, a group III winner in England.
Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
Omer Faruk Girgin has been voted president of the Jockey Club of Turkey for a two-year term beginning Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY