A leading Thoroughbred owner ejected from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has sold many of his horses and said he "doesn't mind getting out" of the business given the politics.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey agent Ron Anderson said he and Garrett Gomez, currently the leading rider at Santa Anita Park, are headed to Kentucky for the Keeneland meet that begins April 6.
The saga of musical jockey agents in Southern California continued Saturday as top journeyman Corey Nakatani revealed he would retain veteran agent Tony Matos effective for the upcoming Santa Anita season. Earlier in the week, Hall of Famer Gary Stevens announced he would be ending his professional relationship with Matos at the conclusion of the current Hollywood Park season and that he had retained the services of Brian Beach.
Jockey Gary Stevens on Tuesday hired agent Brian Beach to handle his book effective opening day of the Santa Anita Park meeting Dec. 26. Beach also books mounts for Mike Smith.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita