A leading Thoroughbred owner ejected from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has sold many of his horses and said he "doesn't mind getting out" of the business given the politics.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey agent Ron Anderson said he and Garrett Gomez, currently the leading rider at Santa Anita Park, are headed to Kentucky for the Keeneland meet that begins April 6.
The saga of musical jockey agents in Southern California continued Saturday as top journeyman Corey Nakatani revealed he would retain veteran agent Tony Matos effective for the upcoming Santa Anita season. Earlier in the week, Hall of Famer Gary Stevens announced he would be ending his professional relationship with Matos at the conclusion of the current Hollywood Park season and that he had retained the services of Brian Beach.
Jockey Gary Stevens on Tuesday hired agent Brian Beach to handle his book effective opening day of the Santa Anita Park meeting Dec. 26. Beach also books mounts for Mike Smith.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Red Sailed into the Sunset