Verrone worked at numerous racetracks throughout the country representing riders for more than 60 years, among them Bill Hartack, Paul Kallai, Nick Santagata, and Danny Nied.
Bill Barisoff, a jockey agent for decades on the Southern California circuit who had battled cancer for the last several years, died the morning of Aug. 7. He was 67.
Retired jockey agent Delbert Clements died March 31 at age 99.
Prominent jockey agent Vic Gilardi died March 19, at Long Island Jewish Hospital after a one-month stay. He was 78.
HRTV's "Inside Information" with Tyler Baze and Terlingua, dam of Storm Cat.
Former jockey Corey Black has resigned his position as a racing analyst/ with the TV Games Network in order to pursue a career as full-time agent for jockey Patrick Valenzuela.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate