Three-year-old sprinter Hot Streak looks to be the early favorite in the 17-horse field set for the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Augustin Stable's Informed Decision will seek to become only the second horse to win the Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. II) in consecutive years when she faces eight rivals in the six-furlong sprint.
Dr. Zic pulled a 15-1 shocker in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 8 at Keeneland, going wire-to-wire while upsetting defending champion Informed Decision, who finished third at odds of 1-2.
Barkley Sound kept his perfect Tampa Bay Downs record intact by winning the $75,000 Pasco Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday in the time of 1:24.1 for the seven-furlong distance.
ble's Freefourinternet circled a wall of horses in the stretch and held off an unlucky Proud Man by a nose in the closing strides to post a 20-1 surprise in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%