Favored Footprint battled the 11-1 outsider Gandolf all the way before prevailing in the final stages under Real Simard to win the CAN$300,000 Canadian Derby (gr. III)at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 25.
Joan Petrowski seeks to become the fourth female trainer in the 78-year history of the Canadian Derby (Can-III) to win the event when she saddles the morning line favorite Footprint Aug. 25 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License
- Summer Hit Tops Hollendorfer Trio in SF Mile