Force proved one to be reckoned with in the $150,000 New York Derby at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack July 3, upsetting at odds of 13-1 to give trainer Mark Casse his second win in the New York Derby.
Nicole H picked up her third straight victory and first in a graded stakes with an easy 2 1/2-length score in the $150,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares April 16 at Aqueduct.
Tough racing luck has kept Rated Fiesty from maintaining the undefeated streak she enjoyed as a juvenile. The daughter of Exchange Rate, owned by Heiligbrodt Racing Stable and JMJ Racing Stable, tries again to reach the winner's circle for the first time this season Oct. 18 when she faces a dozen 3-year-old fillies in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Closing Argument, the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) runner-up, has been retired from racing and will take up stud duty for the 2006 breeding season at Becky Thomas' Sequel Stallions in Ocala, Florida.
JMJ Racing's stakes winner Menacing Dennis, whose second-place finish in last year's $250,000 Snow Chief Stakes earned him a spot in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is gearing up for his 2003 debut at Hollywood Park under the care of new trainer Doug O'Neill.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes