Brother Derek, the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner and favorite for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on May 6, is being represented by a public relations firm to help trainer Dan Hendricks and his staff manage the unprecedented demands of the media on their first trip to the Run for the Roses.
Cash is King Stable not only owned a racehorse that attracted the interest of the general public last year, but it actively contributed to a charity that garnered funds through the horse's success on the track. That special combination earned Cash is King Stable the 2005 Special Eclipse Award.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron said he has "lost a tremendous amount of sleep" over the ongoing Jockeys' Guild conflict but is hopeful it will be resolved to the benefit of riders and the racing industry at large.
Most Popular Stories
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years