Brother Derek, the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner and favorite for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on May 6, is being represented by a public relations firm to help trainer Dan Hendricks and his staff manage the unprecedented demands of the media on their first trip to the Run for the Roses.
Cash is King Stable not only owned a racehorse that attracted the interest of the general public last year, but it actively contributed to a charity that garnered funds through the horse's success on the track. That special combination earned Cash is King Stable the 2005 Special Eclipse Award.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron said he has "lost a tremendous amount of sleep" over the ongoing Jockeys' Guild conflict but is hopeful it will be resolved to the benefit of riders and the racing industry at large.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing