Brother Derek, the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner and favorite for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on May 6, is being represented by a public relations firm to help trainer Dan Hendricks and his staff manage the unprecedented demands of the media on their first trip to the Run for the Roses.
Cash is King Stable not only owned a racehorse that attracted the interest of the general public last year, but it actively contributed to a charity that garnered funds through the horse's success on the track. That special combination earned Cash is King Stable the 2005 Special Eclipse Award.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron said he has "lost a tremendous amount of sleep" over the ongoing Jockeys' Guild conflict but is hopeful it will be resolved to the benefit of riders and the racing industry at large.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Daddy Does Best
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- EquiLottery Touts Horsemen Group's Support
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify