Norman Miller may not be a household name when it comes to horse trainers. But the 47-year-old New Orleans native will have one of his most important opportunities Saturday when he saddles Jimmy and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw in the $300,000 Vosburgh (gr. I) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
By Gary McMillen -- Talking to twins Dennis and Jimmy Richard is like listening to a Cheech and Chong record. They finish each other's sentences. Each seems to know what the other is thinking about. Lately, they have a one-track mind, and that's getting their sprinter Bonapaw to Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees