Four jockeys and two owners were given bans of up to 14 years Dec. 14 after being convicted of race-fixing as a result of the British Horseracing Authority's biggest corruption inquiry.
The British Horseracing Authority announced May 20 that it has charged 13 individuals with violating the Rules of Racing as a result of an investigation into betting activity on races run in 2009.
Two-year-old Kingsgate Native, who had yet to break his maiden, did so in a big way, flying to a 1 3/4-length victory over older rivals in the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York Aug. 23.
Heinrich Ohrdorf's Picotee and jockey Jimmy Quinn battled for the final furlong to produce a hard-fought neck victory Sunday in the Lotto Hessen-Pokal (Ger-III) at Frankfurt.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017