Sanford Robertson's Blazonry took advantage of a hotly contested pace with a six-wide move from near the rear of the pack to win the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old sprinters at Hollywood Park Monday.
Cornejo Racing's 4-5 favorite King Robyn got a perfect stalking trip under jockey Alex Solis and pulled away for a three-length victory in Hollywood Park's opening day feature, the $82,200 Harry Henson Stakes for 3-year-olds on the turf Wednesday.
Fourteen 3-year-olds, including a pair of also-eligibles, have been entered for Sunday's $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Wesley Ward says Omega Code is one of the best horses he's ever trained, putting him in the ranks of venerable Men's Exclusive, a 10-year-old that has earned more than $1 million.
Even-money favorite Roll Hennessy Roll wrested the lead from Jimmy O at the quarter pole and cruised to an easy win in Saturday's $125,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds.
Roll Hennessy Roll, a three-time winner in New Mexico and third-place finisher in the Sunny Slope Stakes at Santa Anita, is expected to be a top contender in Saturday's $125,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity