Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
April 12, 1948
Citation Loses to Saggy
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
News from the racing and breeding industries
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
By H.A. "Jimmy " Jones -- I saw a lot of these horses on your Top 100 list. The best horse I ever saw was Citation and I'll tell you why. He could do everything on any kind of track. Secretariat couldn't run a bit in the mud.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru