Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
April 12, 1948
Citation Loses to Saggy
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
News from the racing and breeding industries
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
By H.A. "Jimmy " Jones -- I saw a lot of these horses on your Top 100 list. The best horse I ever saw was Citation and I'll tell you why. He could do everything on any kind of track. Secretariat couldn't run a bit in the mud.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita