Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
April 12, 1948
Citation Loses to Saggy
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
News from the racing and breeding industries
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
By H.A. "Jimmy " Jones -- I saw a lot of these horses on your Top 100 list. The best horse I ever saw was Citation and I'll tell you why. He could do everything on any kind of track. Secretariat couldn't run a bit in the mud.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby