Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
April 12, 1948
Citation Loses to Saggy
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
News from the racing and breeding industries
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
By H.A. "Jimmy " Jones -- I saw a lot of these horses on your Top 100 list. The best horse I ever saw was Citation and I'll tell you why. He could do everything on any kind of track. Secretariat couldn't run a bit in the mud.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed