Eighty minutes or so before the sport's top 3-year-olds battle it out in Saturday's Belmont Stakes, some of racing's fastest and classiest three-year-old fillies - including Christmas Kid, Cotton Blossom, and Boca Grande - will meet in the 77th running of the Acorn Stakes (gr. I).
Artie Schiller, who finished 12th in last year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), came back as the 5-1 second choice to upset favorite Leroidesanimaux and take this year's edition by three-quarters of a length.
Multiple Choice proved to be the correct choice Sunday when he rallied from off the pace to catch Sing Me Back Home in deep stretch and notch a ¾ length decision in the rescheduled $109,200 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Cynthia Knight's Dat You Miz Blue, who beat champion Xtra Heat in the Dec. 14 Garland of Roses Handicap at Aqueduct, has been retired from racing
Snake Mountain, making his first start since winning an allowance a month ago at Aqueduct, took the inside route to victory in the Nov. 5 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles at the Big A.
Thirteen 3-year-olds were entered in Wednesday's $100,000-added Discovery Handicap (gr. III), the opening day feature of Aqueduct's 48-day Fall Meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications