Session three of the Keeneland January horses of ages sale in Lexington was brightened by the most expensive yearling sold so far, a $390,000 son of Maria's Mon. But the auction's key business figures remained grim when compared to 2008's results.
A Maria's Mon colt became the highest-priced yearling sold at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale so far when he was purchased for $390,000 by Florida pinhooker Jimmy Gladwell in the name of Ferguson Valley Ranch Jan. 14 in Lexington. The immediate underbidder on the handsome chestnut was Brian Graves, who is the director of public sales for the Beck family's Kentucky-based Gainesway Farm.
A well-built son of Forest Wildcat brought a final bid of $900,000 to kick start day two of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March select 2-year-olds in training sale at the Central Florida auction house.
A $2.2-million Storm Cat--Brushed Halory colt, which was the second-highest-priced 2-year-old sold at public auction this year, now belongs to Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai, according to Dale Romans.
A Deputy Commander colt brought $475,000 Tuesday to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed