The England-based auction firm will introduce a program for yearlings at this fall's sales.
Tattersalls officials were cautiously optimistic ahead of select book 1 of the October yearling sale, which starts Oct. 7 at Newmarket in England. There are 611 lots cataloged, 122 less than last year, and Tattersalls marketing director Jimmy George is hoping that the global economy will not have too great an impact.
Tattersalls' mixed July sale begins July 8 in Newmarket, England, and includes a number of attractive racing and breeding prospects in its 915-lot catalog.
Tattersalls' second 2-year-olds in training auction of the year, the Guineas breeze-up sale, takes place Friday in Newmarket in England. The auction was held for a first time in 2007 and follows a record-breaking flagship Craven breeze-up sale at Tattersalls a fortnight ago.
Tattersalls, the premier bloodstock auctioneers in Europe, have made two significant changes to the October Yearling Sales held at Newmarket, England this year.
Tattersalls' flagship Houghton Yearling Sale was axed Friday as the Newmarket, England bloodstock auction company announced a resolution of the long-running dispute over sales dates with Irish rival Goffs.
Ask just about anybody about the Tattersalls Houghton sale, and they'll tell you that the catalogue for Europe's flagship yearling auction is one of the best in years. But ask them if that will translate into a boost in prices, and they reply, "Probably not."
Sale companies in Ireland, France, Germany, and Italy will sell Thoroughbreds in euros in 2002, but Great Britain, which has opted out of the European single-currency scheme for the time being, will still offer stock in guineas (£1.05), and in one case will switch to pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'