Leading handicap horse Tizway was back on the work tab Sept. 27 at Saratoga after missing last week's scheduled training due to a fever.
Tizway, the expected favorite for the next weekend's $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), will miss the race, according to trainer Jimmy Bond.
Tizway, the leader of the handicap division, breezed an easy five furlongs over Saratoga's Oklahoma Training Track Sept. 9 as he continues to prepare for the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work