Leading handicap horse Tizway was back on the work tab Sept. 27 at Saratoga after missing last week's scheduled training due to a fever.
Tizway, the expected favorite for the next weekend's $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), will miss the race, according to trainer Jimmy Bond.
Tizway, the leader of the handicap division, breezed an easy five furlongs over Saratoga's Oklahoma Training Track Sept. 9 as he continues to prepare for the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale